Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Gemini in Me…


With my long and committed working pattern, I have always been perceived as a hardcore career woman in the 21st century. Or you can say, with the rise of the cosmopolitan living in Singapore, how many women out there still carries that interest for domestic or “feminine” hobbies? I puke at myself too with the mentioned of femininity. Yucks! However, underneath that devil “power” suit, it lives a more refined personality in me who finds balance and tranquility with handy crafts like cross-stitch. Funny enough, I find inner peace and balance in two tasks!! One…shredding paper, this I can do during office hours when stress gets the better of me. Yes, laugh for all I care. I do find ‘shredding paper’ extremely therapeutic. Two…cross stitch. These two tasks could give me an unspoken element to keep my cool and not roar my frustration.

With SN prepping up this weekend for his forthcoming papers, I finally had time to add the finishing touch to my very first hand-made item for our pad. This must have been my second time stitching this, although the first one was framed more professionally as a gift for a dear friend. With budget in the way, I thought I try my luck with IKEA’s ready-made frames. Thought the design seems a little too ‘country living’ which does not suit the theme for our place. I decided I could try my luck to add a little "contemporary” note to it with a cold aluminum frame. Gosh! Have I just created a fusion? Anyway, this little cross-stitch shall find a spot somewhere in our kitchen. What do you think? Do I at least get a 6/10 for this?

No comments: