Monday, December 15, 2008

I No Prima Donna

On the name of our reno blog, I am not a 100% prima donna who chases fine and exquisite stuff blindly. I do believe and am constantly reminding myself on living within our means and also to shop smart. Thus, how can I forget to show case two of our earlier purchases from the cyber 'flee market'?

Curtain Tassel
These will come with some higher end custom-make curtains but as we intend to buy most of our curtains from Ikea. Thus, we may not have the luxury of having this. A lady whom I 'met' from the Renotalk Forum was selling this as she has extra pairs. So, I bought it brand new at a mere S$5.00 per pair, inclusive of postage.

OM Carpet
Thanks to the two Cassandra friends I have, they alerted me on someone selling this at the Motherhood Forum. The initial offer was $250 - 50% off from the initial price they paid one year ago. The couple had to sell this away due to the arrival of a new baby which prompted them to stay away from light colours furnishing. I made a joke to the two Cassandras and said I will take the offer if they are selling it at S$100. Hold-and-behold, the couple agreed. SN & I made a 'no obligation' trip to their house at Punggol to view the carpet and made the purchase immediately as it was clear to us that the couple kept their house speck and clean. So how dirty can the carpet be? Besides, we do have the intention to have the carpet professionally clean by some laundry shop, prior to using it. This will probably cost us about $80-100 more. There is no way anyone can get an OM carpet at below $200 for sure. **Grin Grin ** :)

No comments: